We have now finished the first bunch of posts. I hope that after reading my previous posts, you now have a good, strong and confident mindset, that will help you to not give up on this very exciting path: to find good Passive Income Options that can generate a constant stream of revenue, without a massive investment of time.
After several months of researching, I can share with you, dear reader, my TOP-10 best options to generate Passive Income during 2022. Below you will find some highlights of each strategy. I promise to do a post for every individual one in the upcoming weeks:
- Future passive income: UK pension and ISA choices. For me, having some of my money in a SIPP (Self Invested Personal Pension) and an ISA (Individual Saving Account) accounts, are the more traditional tools I use to be financially secure. It spreads the risk a little and these accounts are very efficient in terms of TAX. We need to be ready for the future, so we ensure that we won’t be a financial liability to our sons and daughters. Moreover, we might be able to help them if they need it!
- Dividend investing: This is a relatively simple strategy of buying stocks that pay an income in cash in the form of a dividend. This option gives you a regular and stable Passive Income stream from your stock investments, in addition to any growth in the market value of the stock.
- Index fund investment: An index fund is an investment that tracks a market index, usually composed of stocks or bonds. Index funds typically invest in all the companies or products that are included in the index they aim to track, and they have fund managers whose job is to make sure that the index fund performs the same as the index does. In other words, when you invest in an index fund, your money will be replicating the performance of the market that the specific index fund aims to copy.
- Invest in Real Estate: I realize that a considerable initial budget might be needed for this one. However, there are different ways that you can start investing in Real Estate, without buying a property. As an example, you could start with a smaller investment, like a parking bay, or you could invest in REITs (Real Estate Investment Trust). The REIT business model involves buying real estate, leasing space in those assets, and collecting rents from tenants. These rents generate income which is paid out to shareholders through dividends.
- Lease out spare space: Have you ever considered to rent like a B&B using AirBNB? Do you have any spare room, or even a garden summer house that you are not using? Then, you could tidy-up the space, make it cosy, and rent it out per days or weeks. You will have consistent income in no time!
- Rent out useful items: Do you have any car that you are not using since COVID? Maybe you keep working from home 3 days a week? If you want to monetize this car, you have some interesting options, like the one below:
- Referral programs: You are surely using some apps or services where you get some promotions, discounts or even cash back when you bring in some new customers. These rewards will vary depending on the company or service, but to me this is a win-win situation: If you are happy with the service, and you think a relative or friend could also benefit, why not invite them to join the club? In my case, I have a couple referral codes.
- Amazon Affiliate Website & social media: Amazon is one of the largest retailers in the world. In fact, in the United States alone, it’s responsible for nearly 40% of all online sales. Amazon’s affiliate program, also known as Amazon Associates, is an affiliate marketing program that allows users to monetize their websites, social media or even blogs, by simply placing links to Amazon products on their site. Amazon will pay affiliate websites a commission to send them traffic and sales. This is a business, and it will fall under the category of “Residual Income”, because it will take a fair amount of time and effort to actually earn consistent income. However, once the business is up and running, it will take very little effort to maintain, plus you could even sell it for a good amount of money, for example on:
- Future royalties: Do you have any skills that could be valuable to others? You could create an online course or an e-book, where you share your knowledge with the world. It could be anything, as we all have things that we love, or we are experts in, maybe because it’s our main job, or we have a close family member that owns a business. You could prepare an e-course and upload it in Udemy.com. Equally, you could write an e-book. Again, it might take some work to prepare it, but in the future, with few hours per year, you can update and have an excellent online course that will generate passive income for many years to come.
- Give your opinion: One of the quicker, easier and even fun ways to make cash that I’ve tried has been answering questions. Okay, I agree that this way of making money is not passive income, as you still sell your time for money. However, I found it quite interesting, as you can get paid between $30 to $50 for one hour of your time (or even more, depending on the topic!). I recommend two sites:
- Respondent: https://www.respondent.io/respondents
- User Interviews: https://www.userinterviews.com/participants/signup?source=rorpButtonParticipant
I admit, there is a ton of information in today’s post. But do not worry! I will explain each of my TOP-10 Passive Income Ideas one by one in my next posts.
As always, thanks for reading!